Baraha was developed with an intention to provide a free software to enable and encourage Indians use their native languages on computers. Baraha can be effectively used for creating documents, sending emails and creating websites. Baraha supports Kannada, Devanagari, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Gujarati, Gurumukhi, Bengali, and Oriya scripts. With an average 25,000 downloads/month, millions of users are using Baraha for creating content in Indian languages. Feel free to distribute Baraha to others.
* Supports Kannada, Devanagari, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Gujarati, Gurumukhi, Bengali, and Oriya scripts.
* Easy to use Transliteration scheme.
* Standalone program for editing, printing documents. Requires no other editors. Supports multi-columns, pictures, bullets, indentation, tab-STOPS, hyperlinks, ...
* BarahaPad supports editing Unicode documents.
* BarahaDirect supports typing Indian text(ANSI, Unicode) into any Windows application, compatible with MS-Office.
* Supports conversion of text Between Indian languages. See:BarahaDirect, BarahaConvert
* Supports sorting of Indian language text. See:BarahaDirect, BarahaSort
* Supports KGP Keyboard - the standard Kannada keyboard proposed by the Karnataka Govt.
* Supports typing latinized Indian language text.
* Supports Standard Kannada Fonts proposed by the Karnataka Govt.
* Supports TSCII 1.7 based fonts for Tamil script.
* Useful for desktop publishing, e-mailing, web-sites in Indian languages.
* Supports exporting as Text, RTF, UNICODE, HTML documents, and as BMP, GIF, JPG picture files.
* Script Override feature enables converting Indian language text from one script to another.
* brhfc converts documents between Baraha and other 3rd party fonts.
* brhhtml converts web pages in Baraha fonts and 3rd party fonts to UNICODE format.
* brhdc converts TrueType based rtf documents to UNICODE format.
Screenshots are not available currently.
What's New in Baraha 8.0
Release notes are not available currently.
No additional system requirements.